We are SO happy to announce the creation of the brand new Anatomy of a Scream Pod Squad Network, a podcast feed dedicated to inclusive horror content presented in delicious limited series, bite-sized morsels.
Aiming for an October 2020 launch, the AOAS Pod Squad feed will consist of a rotating selection of podcasts from diverse creators, running between 3–12 episodes each. There will always be something new, interesting, and spooky on the feed!
And even more big news: right now, we are seeking pitches from enthusiastic creators who identify as female, BIPOC, LGBTQ2I+, and/or members of the disability community!
Never made a podcast before? Have a great idea but don’t have the slightest inkling where to start? Need a helping hand to make your dream pod a reality?
Don’t worry—we’ve got you!
This is a space for new podcasters to cut their teeth on unique concepts that lend themselves to limited series, leveraging the marketing and hosting prowess of the Anatomy of a Scream team. You’ll be supported in the following ways:
- We pay to host the podcast (you are responsible for your own equipment, recording, and editing fees)
- We promote your podcast across our socials
- You’ll be matched with a Mentor from our Podcast Team who will coach you through the process, based on your specific strengths and needs
- You’ll be given a Beginners Guide packed with info about buying equipment on a budget, sourcing legal, licence- and royalty-free music, and the best free program to use for creating beautiful show art
- You’ll have access to our design team who can create original show art at a discounted rate and our first round of podcasts will have the opportunity to have FREE custom podcast themes created for them by our music supervisor!
- You’ll be invited to the private AOAS Pod Squad Facebook group, where you’ll find technical resources, how-to guides, tons of encouragement, and the opportunity to network and collaborate with other Pod Squad members
Do you have a limited series pitch? We’d love to hear from you!
Send an email to email@example.com with all of the following information:
- Name of the show:
- Social media handles (Twitter/Instagram):
- Genre (select one): film or book reviews / lifestyle & brand / interviews / research & history / narrative or fiction / comedy
- Podcast overview/elevator pitch:
- Estimated number of episodes (min 3 – max 12):
- Why you are a good fit for the AOAS Pod Squad (200 words max):
- 5-10 min podcast sample
The deadline to submit for this pitch period is Friday, Sept 4, 2020.
We can’t wait to hear from you!