We mourn the loss of Hallowe’en 2017, but don’t fear — with our gift guide, the upcoming holiday season can be just as spooky and fun! Buy these awesome gifts for yourself, or treat your best ghoul!
Have you ever wanted to experience first-hand the terror and paranoia of being trapped in a remote outpost in an unforgiving landscape, stalked by a deadly monster that can take the shape of the people you know and care about? Of course you have! And now you can (sort of)! The Thing: Infection at Outpost 31 is a new tabletop boardgame from Mondo and Project Raygun, who promise that it is “designed to be as authentically cinematic as possible” (which sounds promising)! Warning: if you purchase it, I WILL expect an invitation to your next game night — I’ll bring hot chocolate.
Ask for answers from the Upside Down with this Stranger Things themed ouija board. Honestly, it’s a lot easier than stringing up all of those lights — just unbox, grab a friend, and you’re good to go. Just remember – never play alone and ALWAYS say goodbye! Happy haunting, babes!
The Suspiria 4k restoration from Synapse Films is absolutely gorgeous. I was lucky enough to see it in theatres twice and I hope many of you also managed to catch it. If you’re dying to see it again, aren’t willing to wait for the regular DVD/blu-ray release, and have a little extra cash on hand, I highly recommend pre-ordering the incredible 40th anniversary limited edition steelbook. The set contains:
- Exclusive Steelbook packaging and collector’s o-card sleeve, featuring artwork from Malleus, Van Orton Design, Juan José Saldarriaga & Chris MacGibbon
- Three disc [Two Blu-rays + One CD] limited collector’s edition (only 6000 units) containing a new 4K restoration of the original uncut, uncensored Italian 35mm camera negative exclusively done by Synapse Films, with color correction supervised and approved by SUSPIRIA Director of Photography, Luciano Tovoli
- Original 4.0 1977 English language LCRS sound mix not heard since the theatrical release in 1977, presented in high-resolution DTS-HD MA 96 Khz/24-bit audio
- Italian 5.1 surround sound mix
- Two audio commentaries by authors and Argento scholars, Derek Botelho, David Del Valle & Troy Howarth
- Do You Know Anything About Witches? – 30 minute SUSPIRIA visual essay written, edited and narrated by Michael Mackenzie
… and a ton more! I’m eagerly awaiting my copy.
The Box of Souls – A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection 8XLP Set is a beautifully-packaged box set containing music by Charles Bernstein, Christopher Young, Angelo Badalamenti, Craig Safan, Jay Ferguson & J. Peter Robinson and featuring art by Mike Saputo. Enjoy the entire set of original scores from the first Nightmare all the way to New Nightmare — the set also comes with a 12-page booklet that includes cast and composer interviews and extensive liner notes, so you can learn some insider trivia while you’re at it!
Do you sell or make items that you think would be a good fit for this feature? Contact us on twitter @aoas_xx, leave a comment, or send us a note!